Looking for child care

  go to our centre-based care page Visit our Home Child Care page Visit our Directly Operated Programmes page 

Licensed vs unlicensed child care

The Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 outlines the rules that support the health and safety of children and the government's oversight of child care operators.

Child Care licenses are issued by the Ministry of Education.  Only licensed child care (centre-based and home child care agencies) are monitored by the Ministry of Education.

If a centre does not have a licence or if your home child care provider doesn't have an agreement with a licensed home child care agency, that means no one is providing oversight to your child's care.

Choose licensed child care!

Deserve it. Demand it.

It is important that you make the right decision for child care for your family.  The Ministry of Education has many resources on what to look for when looking for child care.

Child Care Map

The County of Wellington Child Care Map can help you locate licensed child care/Authorized Recreation/School Board Operated programmes in Wellington County and Guelph.


The Wellington Children's Early Years Division provides a listing of:

Child Care Centres in:

Find Child Care in Guelph Find Child Care in Wellington County

Wellington Home Child Care Providers in:

Find Child Care in Guelph Find Child Care in Wellington County


Submit a question or concern about Wellington County Child Care