Fergus Library Expansion Project

On January 29, 1908, Andrew Carnegie endowed $7000 to the Village of Fergus to build a library. Construction began in the summer of 1910 and on February 9, 1911 the branch officially opened. 

Over one hundred years after the library first opened, the Fergus Library Branch renovation and expansion was completed in March 2015. Come and see the beautiful space, materials, and services we have to offer.

Some Fergus Library Branch features include:

  • Designed to complement original Carnegie Library
  • An important public meeting commons of 15,000 square feet
  • Compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
  • Built using the County's Green Legacy Building Standards
  • Modern and interactive features for the community to enjoy
  • Design complements both the built and natural environment
  • Welcoming reading and study space with views of main street and the river
  • Outdoor balconies overlooking the river
  • Increased collections of library material
  • Large public meeting room
  • More public computers and WiFi access throughout the building

Exterior Views
FL Front View
FL Side View 

 FL Back View

Site Plan
FL Site Plan

Floor Plans
FL First Floor Plan
FL Second Floor Plan
FL Third Floor Plan

Downtown Fergus River Land Re-Development Plan