If These Walls Could Speak: The House of Industry and Refuge, 1877-1947


DestituteThis exhibit, featured throughout the Museum, provides glimpses into the lives and activities of the people who lived, worked, and often died here. Originally called the "Poor House," the building is now home to the Wellington County Museum and Archives. 

Attitudes towards poverty, charity and a community's social responsibilities are reflected in the many compelling stories and photos presented here.

This exhibit was the recipient of an Ontario Museum Association Award of Excellence in 2007.

House of Industry Cemetery

1877 Barn