The Four Levels of Government in Wellington County

Municipal Town or Township - Represented by your Town Councillors and Mayor who also represents you at the County level

Animal Licensing and Control

Arts and Culture Local Economic Development
Bridge, Roads and Sidewalks (local and township) Marriage License
Births  Municipal Elections
Building and Zone By-Laws Property Tax Collection and Administration
Building Permits Parks and Recreation Centres
Burn Permits

Rezoning and Minor Variance

By-Law Enforcement Sewage
Cemeteries Site Planning
Community Centres (Arenas, Pools) Town Parks and Trails
Deaths Wastewater and Water
Fire Services  Well Water

 Minto Office





Local Towns/Townships

Wellington County -Represented by your County Councillors, Warden, and Town Mayors

Ambulance - Contact City of Guelph       Severances
County Roads and Bridges

Social Services

Long Term Care (Municipally Operated)
Museum and Archives
Police Services Taxi Licensing Inquiries
Public Libraries Trails and Forests
Regional Economic Development Waste and Recycling

 County office


Provincial-Ontario Government - Represented by your Member of Provincial Parliament

Administration of Justice   Marriage Certificate
Agriculture Name Change
Birth Certificate Natural Resources and Environment
Driver's Licenses Prisons
Health Cards Provincial Corrections
Health Care Delivery Provincial Courts
Highways School and Education

 provincial office


Federal-Government of Canada - Represented by your Member of Parliament

Aboriginal Lands and Rights International Relations
Citizenship and Immigration Military
CPP Military and National Defence
Criminal Law Money and Banking
Employment Insurance/Social Insurance Old Age Security
Federal Corrections Passports
Federal Taxes Postal Service
GST/HST Credit Shipping, Railways, Telephones and Pipelines
Income Taxes  

Federal office


Poster: Who Does What? Four Levels of Government