Property Assessment Enquiries

  • The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is responsible for determining a value on all properties in Ontario. If you visit this website, you can check your property assessment (CVA) and get answers to frequently asked assessment questions.
  • The County of Wellington is not responsible for any aspect of property assessment. All assessment related concerns should be directed to MPAC.
  • The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation’s regional office is located in Kitchener.
  • To contact the regional assessment office directly you may:
    • Call the Customer Service Contact Centre at 1.866.296.6722
    • Visit their website at 
    • In person at
      Municipal Property Assessment Corporation
      4271 King St. E Suite 100
      Kitchener ON N2P 2E9
  • Information on tax relief and rebate programmes for low-income seniors, the disabled and eligible charities.

Assessment Appeals

Property owners can appeal the assessed value of their property by completing the following steps:

  1. Discuss your concerns with the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) by calling 1.866.296.6722. Owners can request MPAC to review the assessed value through a process called Request for Reconsideration. This form is available free of charge from MPAC's website.
  2. Should the reconsideration not result in a change in assessed value, a property owner may file a complaint to an independent tribunal called the Assessment Review Board (ARB). You can file a formal appeal by completing an application form available from ARB's website. Both the property owner and MPAC will be asked to appear before the ARB at a hearing to present evidence. The ARB's decision would be binding on both the property owner and MPAC. If the decision were to reduce the assessed value, the municipality would adjust the taxes for the subject property. The municipality also has the right to appear at the hearing before the Board.