About Long Term Care

Placement in Long Term Care - Where to start

  1. Family Physician A visit to the family physician may be a good place to start. He or she can help determine the best care environment based on the person's care needs. 
  2. Home and Community Care Support Services (formerly LHIN) To find out about the community services and long term care homes in your area, the place to begin is with Home and Community Care Support Services formerly known as the LHIN & CCAC. Each Home and Community Care region has an office to support the local residents.  Our region includes Waterloo region and Wellington County, including Guelph. 

    The Home and Community Care arranges for health and personal support services to be provided in peoples' homes and determine eligibility and arrange admissions to long term care homes. They also provide information and referrals to other community services including supportive housing, meals-on-wheels, friendly visiting, transportation services, adult day programs and caregiver respite programs.

    Home and Community Support Services fully manages the waitlist for Long Term Care and will assist you with an application to Long Term Care.

    Visit Home and Community Care Website


© 2023 County of Wellington, 74 Woolwich St. Guelph, Ontario N1H 3T9, T 519.837.2600, TF 1.800.663.0750, F 519.837.1909