Police Record Checks

All Police Record Checks are completed online. Please visit the Ontario Provincial Police website for more information and to apply for a Police Record Check. 

Apply for a Police Record Check

**Note: When applying for a record check please select Centre Wellington as your local detachment.

Collision Reporting Centre 

Collision Reporting Centres (CRC) are used by police throughout the province to report minor collisions when all involved parties have refused medical assistance. Once involved motorists have exchanged the required information, they can leave the location of the collision and attend a collision reporting centre with the involved vehicle to report the collision forthwith or within the next 48 hours. 

Wellington County Collision Reporting Centre
371 Charles Allan Way
Fergus, Ontario
Mon, Tues, Wed 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Thurs, Fri 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

For more information visit OPP website

Request a Paid Duty Officer

Off-duty Officers are available for hiring to provide a police presence for a range of functions and events. For Paid Duty requests in Wellington County please contact opp.wellington.paid.duty@opp.ca

Freedom of Information Requests

How To Make A Request

  1. Please complete a Freedom of Information Request form and return it to the County Clerk's Office addressed to the Information Coordinator with the $5 application fee payable to "The County of Wellington".
  2. According to MFIPPA, the County must respond within 30 days of the date of the request.
  3. If you are requesting records that contain third party information, the County will notify the third party of the request within the 30-day timeframe. The third party then has 20 days to inform the County whether he/she agrees or disagrees with the disclosure of his/her information.
  4. If you are acting as an agent for someone else, please include a signed consent form with your request that states that the individual is authorizing you to act on his/her behalf, as well as a photocopy of a piece of his/her identification with a signature (such as a driver's license) for verification purposes.

Correction of Personal Information

Someone who is given access to his/her own personal information may request that the County make a correction to that information if he/she believes the information is incorrect. The County will decide whether to make the correction or not. If the information is not corrected, the person may ask that a Statement of Disagreement be attached to the record to indicate that he/she does not believe that the information is accurate.

To request a correction of personal information

  1. Please complete a Freedom of Information Request Form and select option “Correction to Personal Information”.

  2. Return it to the Clerk's Office located in the:

    County of Wellington
    Administration Centre
    74 Woolwich St.
    Guelph ON N1H 3T9  


In processing a request for in formation under MFIPPA, the County incurs certain costs. MFIPPA sets out the following fees:

  • $5 application fee must be enclosed with your request
  • $7.50 per 15 minutes of search time (does not apply to requests for own personal information)
  • $7.50 per 15 minutes to prepare the records for disclosure (does not apply to requests for own personal information)
  • 20 ¢ per page for photocopies and/or computer printouts
  • $15 per 15 minutes, if necessary to develop a computer programme to retrieve information
  • $10 for disks
  • Shipping costs

Other fees may be charged depending on the nature of the request. The Information Coordinator will apprise you in advance of what these fees are in accordance with the Act.

If we believe the request will cost more than $25, we will contact you for approval to proceed with the request or to give you the opportunity to revise your request in order to reduce the costs. 

If we believe the request will cost more than $100, we will contact you to request a 50 per cent deposit of the estimated cost before proceeding with the request. No records will be released until all outstanding fees are paid.


If you are not satisfied with the County's response to your request or fee estimate, you may make an appeal to the Information andamp; Privacy Commission (IPC) within 30 days of receipt of the decision letter or fee estimate. Further information regarding appeals can be found on the IPC's website .

Who to Contact for Information

Contact the local Towns/Townships on most local municipal services including the following:

  • Local streets and sidewalks
  • Local planning
  • Parks and Recreation
  • Tax collection
  • Building Inspections and Permits
  • Licensing
  • Water and Sewer

For more information visit our FOI webpage

Pay a Parking Ticket

Please be advised the County of Wellington will no longer be accepting walk in parking ticket payments until further notice. Visa/debit or Mastercard/debit transactions are not an approved method of payment.

Within 15 calendar days of the date noted on the ticket, you may exercise option 2 as listed on the back of your ticket and below. Option 1 (A) may only be exercised within 15 days of the date noted on the ticket. If you exercise no option, a conviction may be entered against you without further notice. On conviction, you will be required to play the set fine, plus court costs. An administrative fee is payable if the fine goes into default.

  • Voluntary Early Payment: (If applicable see front of notice) within 15 calendar days of notice date.
  • Payment of Set Fine: Failure to exercise this option within 30 calendar days will result in a conviction being entered against you without further notice.
Payment Options
  • Mail: Write the number of the Parking Infraction Notice on the front of your cheque or money order and make it payable to: "County of Wellington". Mail or deliver your payment to the address below.
  • Pay by phone: You can pay by phone using you Visa or Mastercard. You can pay your ticket 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1.877.983.2411. Enter "Wellington" as your city. (There is a convenience charge of $2.50 for this service).
  • Pay online: You can pay online using your Visa or Mastercard. You can pay you ticket 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. (There is a $2.50 processing fee for this service).

Pay Online

Online Reporting

The OPP's online reporting tool allows you to report minor occurrences such as theft, mischief to property, lost property and driving complaints that occurred in areas policed by the OPP. The OPP has now expanded its online reporting capacity with a number of additional occurrence types to better serve members of the public.

Visit the OPP website for more information