Tenants Resources - GNPHC

As soon as you rent an apartment, you become a tenant. Having a successful tenancy means understanding your legal obligations, paying your rent on time, being responsible for your actions and those of your guests, and contacting the landlord if you have issues. We are here to help.

Housing Application

Application for Housing Form

Tenant Forms

Application for Housing Form

Rent Subsidy Package Form

Tenant Issues

Vehicle Registration

Pre-Authorized Payment Form

Addition to Household/ Transfer Form

Notice of Change Form


If you have a maintenance request, the Property Manager will respond as quickly as possible.

Please complete the Maintenance Forms below to request a repair.

During Regular Office Hours contact the Property Manager for all maintenance concerns

After hours emergency maintenance repairs T 1.888.844.7050

 Maintenance Requests

 Tenant Information
Review of Decision

If you disagree with a decision that has been made about your eligibility, we do recommend that you try to work with the person who made the decision.

If you are unable to, you can request a review by completing and sending us the Request for Review of Decision form that was mailed to you with your decision letter.

If you do not have this form, please call the Review of Decision Coordinator at 519.837.5492 x4361 or email reviewcoord@wellington.ca. Please note that only certain types of decisions are reviewable.

The following decisions made by the centralized waiting list or a housing provider are reviewable by the Review of Decisions system:

  • The household is not eligible for rent-geared-to-income assistance;
  • The size and type of unit that would be permissible if the household received rent-geared-to-income assistance;
  • The household is not included in a category given priority over other categories;
  • The amount of rent payable by the household;
  • The household is no longer eligible for rent-geared-to-income assistance;
  • The household is not eligible for special needs housing;
  • The special needs household is not included in a category given priority over other categories;
  • The household that occupies a special needs housing unit no longer continues to be eligible for special needs housing.
 Financial Assistance
Emergency Assistance to Maintain Tenancy

 For emergency assistance please visit review Housing Help Centre resources.

Income Assistance

Ontario Works - Wellington County

519-837-3620 or 1-800-265-7294

129 Wyndham St. N Guelph, ON 

Apply for Ontario Works

Ontario Disability Support Program


519-822-7500 or 1-800-567-2953

1 Stone Rd. Guelph, ON

Apply for Ontario Disability Support Program


Service Canada Old Age Security

A monthly payment available to seniors aged 65 and older who meet eligibility requirements.  Visit the Government of Canada Website for more information on application and eligibility.


Service Canada Canadian Pension Plan

The Canada Pension  Plan (CPP) provides contributors and their families with partial replacement of earnings in the  case of retirement, disability or death. Visit the Government of Canada Website for more information on application and eligibility.


Canada Revenue Agency


Child Care Subsidy

Child Care Subsidy


519-837-3620 or 1-800-265-7294

129 Wyndham St. N Guelph, ON

Utility Support - Ontario Energy Board (OEB) Program

The OESP is an Ontario Energy Board (OEB) program that lowers electricity bills for lower-income households. The OESP provides a monthly credit to eligible customers based on household income and household size. The OESP credits are applied directly to eligible customers’ bills.

The program is available to all lower-income customers who have accounts with electricity distributors or unit sub-meter providers. Customers must apply to the program.

Customers who have completed their taxes within the last two years can apply online at OntarioElectricitySupport.ca. 

Customers unable to apply online can contact an intake agency. Intake agency in Guelph is Ontario Works which can be reached by phone at 519-837-2670 x3712.  Intake in the County is The Community Resource Centre in Fergus at 519-843-7000.  If you have not filed taxes within the last two years you will need to contact an intake agency.

To apply you will need:

  1. Your electricity bill account number, service address, and account holder details.
  2. The birthdates and names of all residents in your home.
  3. Social Insurance Numbers or Temporary Tax Numbers for tax-filing household members.

Applications typically take 6-8 weeks to process once all information is submitted along with signed consent. Eligible customers will receive on bill credits for 2 years.

 Community Resources
Crisis and Emergency Services
Guelph Police

Emergency: 911

Non-emergency: 519.824.1212 



T. 1-866-797-0000 

Here 24/7   Crisis Services


T. 1-844-437-3247 

Victim Services Wellington


T. 519.824.1212 x 7304 

Legal Clinic of Guelph and Wellington

176 Wyndham Street North (Inside the Guelph Community Health Centre) Guelph, ON N1H 8N9

The Clinic is open Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:00pm

T 519.821.2100

T 1.800.628.9205 (toll free within Wellington County, outside of Guelph)

F 519.821.8192


Landlord and Tenant Board

An independent agency that resolves disputes between residential landlords and tenants.

T 1.888.332.3234 


Community and Neighbourhood Services
Guelph Food Bank

T 519.767.1380 

Guelph Information (the People and Information Network-PIN)

T 519.821.0632

Shelldale Better Beginnings Better Futures

T 519.824.8498

Salvation Army


T 519.836.9360   

 Neighbourhood Groups

  • Brant Avenue: 519.821.9243
  • Grange Hill East: 519.836.9427
  • Onward Willow: 519.824.6892
  • Parkwood Gardens: 519.824.6340
  • Two Rivers: 519.837.4248
  • Waverly: 519.821.9677
  • West Willow Woods: 519.826.9930
Health and Wellness
Guelph General Hospital


T 519.822.5350

Guelph Community Health Centre


T 519.821.6638

Canadian Mental Health Association


T 519.821.8089 

Local Health Integration Network Waterloo/Wellington


T 519.823.2550 

Homewood Health Centre


T 519.824.1010 

Trellis - Mental Health and Developmental Services

T 519.821.2060


Family and Children's Services

T 1.800.265.8300 or 519.824.2410


Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health


T 1.800.265.7293

Indigenous Healing & Wellness Program Wellington-Waterloo

176 Wyndham St. N Guelph

FB @IndigenousHealingAndWellness

T 519.821.6638 x301

© 2023 County of Wellington, 74 Woolwich St. Guelph, Ontario N1H 3T9, T 519.837.2600, TF 1.800.663.0750, F 519.837.1909