Public information for Tenants

Rental Housing Information

Residential Tenancies Act 

The Landlord Tenant Board 

Tenant Survival Guide

Tenant Rights

Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation (CERA)

Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO)

Investigation and Enforcement Unit

Legal Clinic of Guelph and Wellington County

Advocacy Centre for Tenants Ontario

Questions and Answers for Tenants

Q: What is the Housing Help Centre?

A: The Housing Resource Centre is a service offered by the County of Wellington to help house seekers find market rent accommodations. The services at the Centre are FREE. More Info.

Q: Will someone come out and inspect my rental accommodations?

A: No. We do not screen rental accommodations. Listings are based on the housing criteria of the prospective tenant. The onus falls on the tenant to view the accommodation to ensure that it is suitable.


Q: How do I register?

A: The registration process is very simple. Landlords and tenants can register via telephone and/or in person at the Housing Help Centre.

Q: How often are the vacancy listings updated?

A: Listings are updated continuously as vacant units are rented or new accommodations become available. Landlords are contacted the first week of every month for updates.

Q: How do I contact the Housing Help Centre?

A: We are located at 138 Wyndham Street North in Guelph. Our helpful staff is available Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Summer hours 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Our telephone number is 519. 837.5492 x 4130, Fax 519. 837.6349 or by e-mail at



© 2019 County of Wellington, 74 Woolwich St. Guelph, Ontario N1H 3T9, T 519.837.2600, TF 1.800.663.0750, F 519.837.1909