Looking for Child Care


       Child Care     


  Child Care Waitlist 


      Child Care     

Directly Operated


Child Care

      Fee Subsidy     

Licensed vs unlicensed child care

The Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 outlines the rules that support the health and safety of children and the government's oversight of child care operators.

Child Care licenses are issued by the Ministry of Education. Only licensed child care (centre-based and home child care agencies) are monitored by the Ministry of Education.

If a centre does not have a licence or if your home child care provider doesn't have an agreement with a licensed home child care agency, that means no one is providing oversight to your child's care.

Choose licensed child care!

Deserve it. Demand it.

It is important that you make the right decision for child care for your family. The Ministry of Education has many resources on what to look for when looking for child care.

Authorized Recreation Programmes and Camps

 Authorized Recreation and Camp Programmes are required to meet specific criteria set out in regulation under the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014. They do not require a child care licence. 

School Board Operated Programmes

School Board Operated programmes may include before and after school programmes, as well as non-instructional school days for children in Kindergarten through to Grade 6. The Ministry of Education guides all School Board Operated programmes under the Education Act.

The Wellington Children's Early Years Division child care listing

All Child Care programmes included in listings on the County of Wellington Children's Early Years Division website are licensed child care, authorized recreation programmes or school board operated programmes.

Find Child Care Map

View printable listings:

These printable listings include details regarding which providers have agreements with the County of Wellington for Child Care Subsidy and for the Canada-wide Early Learning and Child Care (CWELCC) programme.

Child Care Listings

Child Care Centres in:

Guelph Wellington County

Wellington Home Child Care Providers in:

Guelph Wellington County



Submit a question or concern about Wellington County Child Care

© 2023 County of Wellington, 74 Woolwich St. Guelph, Ontario N1H 3T9, T 519.837.2600, TF 1.800.663.0750, F 519.837.1909