Services & Reporting

Pay a Parking Ticket

You must pay your parking ticket within 15 calendar days of the date noted on the ticket. If you exercise no option, a conviction may be entered against you without further notice. On conviction, you will be required to play the set fine, plus court costs. An administrative fee is payable if the fine goes into default.

Please be advised the County of Wellington will no longer be accepting walk in parking ticket payments until further notice.

  • Mail payment to 74 Woolwich St. Guelph, Ontario N1H 3T9. Write the Parking Infraction Notice number on the front of your cheque or money order and make payable to: "County of Wellington". 
  • Pay by Phone at 1.877.983.2411 using you Visa or Mastercard. Enter "Wellington" as your city. (Convenience charge of $2.50)
  • Pay Online using your Visa or Mastercard. (Convenience charge of $2.50)

Pay Parking Ticket Online

Note: the online payment option is hosted by ParkSmart. Review ParkSmart Legal Terms/Privacy Policy.

Police Record Checks

All Police Record Checks are completed online. Please visit the Ontario Provincial Police website for more information. 

Apply for a Police Record Check

*Note: When applying, select Centre Wellington as your local detachment.

Request a Paid Duty Officer

Off-duty Officers are available for hiring to provide a police presence for a range of functions and events. Request Paid Duty by email to:

Request Paid Duty

Freedom of Information Requests

Under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, individuals have a right to request information from Wellington County. Anyone can submit a request for information and there are no restrictions based on age or where you live. 

Make a FOI Request

Report a Crime

The OPP's online reporting tool allows you to report minor occurrences such as theft, mischief to property, lost property and driving complaints that occurred in areas policed by the OPP. 

Click to Report a Crime

Collision Reporting Centre 

In Ontario, Collision Reporting Centres (CRC) are used by police to report minor collisions when all involved parties have refused medical assistance. After exchanging information, the involved motorists can leave the location and attend a CRC to report the collision within 48 hours. For more information on what to do if you are involved in a collision, visit the OPP website.

Centre Wellington Collision Reporting Centre
371 Charles Allan Way
Fergus, Ontario
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Closed on statutory holidays

South Wellington Collision Reporting Centre
5145 Wellington Road 27
Rockwood, Ontario
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Closed on statutory holidays

North Wellington Collision Reporting Centre
6725 Wellington Road 109
Palmerston, Ontario
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Closed on statutory holidays

At Fault False Alarms

The Wellington County OPP responds to false intrusion alarms every year. It is found that most of the At Fault False Alarms are activated by faulty equipment or human error. The Wellington County OPP Detachment Board and the Wellington County OPP will work toward reducing the number of At Fault False Alarms requiring police response by monitoring alarm locations and issuing fee invoices to the owners of premises having At Fault False Alarms.

View the At Fault False Alarm Reduction Policy for more information. Fees can be found on our Fees & Charges webpage under Police Services Fees.